Friday, December 14, 2012

Lauren’s Christmas program

IMG_4884IMG_4897

Today, was the school Christmas program for the kindergarten through 2nd graders.  Lauren had been pretty amped up over it for the last week and was excited to get out of bed and off to school this morning.  They had 2 performances (10am and 1:30pm) and have them separated out by alphabetical order as to which one you should attend.  We broke the rules though since Jack was at school during the morning session and we went to that one.  It’s just much more enjoyable to watch a performance when you can actually watch it, HA!

IMG_4916

The doors opened up at 9am for the performance and I was there by ten after (as I had to drop Jack off at school.)  It was a good thing I showed up when I did to as most of the first two rows were already taken but I got aisle seats in the 4th row.  It’s also pretty handy that Lauren is one of the smallest in her class (one little gal is a bit shorter) so she’s probably going to be in the front row for quite awhile. 

IMG_4931IMG_4949

As usual, Lauren didn’t disappoint.  She was full of strange facial expressions and out of place actions, but it wasn’t quite as dramatic as the previous two Christmas programs (pre-school) so she *is* growing up. LOL!  She did a great job singing and you could really tell that she was having a ball up there!

IMG_4950

IMG_4975

Lauren flashed me this little sign before the kinders left the stage (the came back for one big group number.) Then, my heart melted!

IMG_4991

Here she was during the finale (surprisingly, right in front of me again.  Boy, did I get lucky in those seats!)

Of course, two cameras and two telephones between the two of us and the only video I manage to snag (that wasn’t horrible blurred) was this.  Enjoy! Oh, and yes that is Lauren giving a curtsy at the end.  She did that after every song.  Yes, she was the only one.

No comments:

Post a Comment