Saturday, June 29, 2013

Down…

DSCN2966

Today, I said goodbye to an old friend. Not really a friend in the  lets talk soon sense, but something that has been a mainstay in my visual life for as long as I can remember: The Gage Towers.  I never lived in Gage (Crawford was much nicer and with only 4 floors there was no elevator drama) but nevertheless, felt a tug at my heartstrings seeing it go down.DSCN2970

I’m not going to lie, watching it come down was one of the coolest things I’ve ever seen in my life. The sound of the dynamite detonating was chest rattling and then just watching it fall so quickly, was truly awe inspiring.  I admit, it’s still a shock to drive by and see the rubble in a pile where two towers should be (you know, because I’m not up to date on the blog, it’s been over a month.)

20130629_09104620130629_093126

 

This isn’t my video, mine is wobbly and has lots of people standing in the way.  When we got home after the implosion and the videos were all that was on my facbook feed (from every angle imaginable) we watched them and Jack absolutely loved it. In fact, he still talks about “building go boom boom boom” a lot.  Both kids thought it was a very cool thing (and want to watch more buildings fall.)

No comments:

Post a Comment