Saturday, July 2, 2011

Our first family camping trip

IMG_2484IMG_2487IMG_2491

We arrived at the lake after breakfast.  Lauren was so excited for all the fun she knew she was going to have.  Jack enjoyed the nature, while Lauren enjoyed a sand box full of toys.

005 (2)004 (2)008

I snuck in about 10 minutes of reading (and a picture to prove I was really there, since some of you thought I couldn’t hack it.)  Then, it was off for the fishing adventure.  John staked out a place that he thought would bring Lauren quick success in her first fishing expedition.

018023025028

Boy was he right!  I swear it was a total of one minute from the first (and only cast) to reeling it in and snapping these photos.  That silly fish bit in the first 5 seconds of it being in the water.  Lauren was thrilled!

046054

Kevin, John and Lauren then went out on the boat to catch more fish while Jack, Pat and I went to a park to play.

001003

I forgot his hat in the van so he had to borrow mine (that I had to borrow from Pat.)

058062066

After fishing, it was time to make a fire and cook our lunch.

071072

After lunch it was more playtime and a little light gardening.  Kevin and I enjoyed a canoe ride.

IMG_2497

Jack took a nap in the great outdoors while Lauren & I went for a walk and Kevin & John went to catch our dinner.

075087097120139150

After dinner, it was off to the lake for some playing and swimming.  I forgot to pack Kevin’s swimsuit, oops.

006

Then, after a hard day of playing it was time for some baths.  We must have washed about 5 layers of sunscreen and bug spray off of both children.

174175

After Jack hit the hay it was time for a fire with real S’mores.  Lauren eventually decided she was ready for bed (at about 10pm.)  Her and Kevin roughed it in the tent while Jack and I enjoyed the comfort of the camper.  It was a very eventful and fun first camping trip (minus the ticks!)

No comments:

Post a Comment