Wednesday, May 2, 2012

A hail of a day

DSCN0027DSCN0031

The day started out innocently enough.  I snapped this pic with my new camera (and underwater all-weather point and shoot) and mother’s day gift before we dropped Lauren off at school and Jack and I headed to Windom.

DSCN0032

Jack enjoyed some time with gaga and papa and great grandpa jack while I got my hair cut and colored (and fun bright red streaks put in it as well!)

DSCN0034DSCN0039

After we got back to town, we picked up Lauren from school and enjoyed some time with the Larson’s in the hot hot sun.  Things quickly went downhill and the evening took a turn for the worse.  The kids and I ended up in the basement while the sirens blared.

DSCN0040

I took this pic while I was checking the downspouts (and after realizing they weren’t in fact attached to the house I ran out to reattach them.  Lord knows we don’t need to deal with a flooded basement as well as the damage from the immense hail that was about to be pelting me in the head.)

DSCN0042

After it was all clear we went outside to inspect.  As Dane Cook would say, “come and look at my damage!”

DSCN0048DSCN0058

Since I don’t really know what to look for I just stood around and took some photos.  The downspouts were totally hammered but our steel siding fared pretty well (I think.)  All of our neighbors have vinyl siding (and a bunch of holes in that.)  I’m sure our roof and deck is toast, but I guess that’s for the insurance company to decide.

DSCN0060DSCN0050

Then, the kids decided to play in the hail.

DSCN0062

Hope you’re enjoying Washington D.C. Daddy, the weather sucks here!

No comments:

Post a Comment