Saturday, October 20, 2012

Marathon Weekend!

622670_10151098130838341_459891711_oDSCN2029

Lauren was sooooo excited to run in the kids K for Marathon weekend.  Yesterday, I took her up to campus and we practiced running the path.   I also gave her some running strategies such as don’t start out too fast and give it all you’ve got when you see the finish line.  During the practice yesterday she started out way too fast and was pooped by the half way point “I’m dying, when are we done?  When can I stop?” HA! I told her you stop when you reach the finish line and not until then (I may be a bit too hardcore for the kindergarten running set.)  Anyhow, she was stoked for today and excited to run a race like Mommy.  She started out at the VERY end of the pack.  When she finished the race she was in the first 1/4 of the finishers.  We were so unbelievably proud of her.  She was extremely proud of herself and loved her medal!

DSCN2030DSCN2041

1 comment:

  1. GaGa and Papa are so proud of you,you done a fantastic job.
    Love GaGa

    ReplyDelete