Sunday, October 21, 2012

The 10k

Capture1

So this morning, I got up bright and early and ran a 10k.  When I did the women rock 10k on September 1st I came in just under 60 minutes.  My goal this time was to do it in under 55 minutes and I succeeded.  My official time was 52:08 and I came in 16/183 (in my division.)  Overall I came in 131/647.  Unfortunately, Dad beat me by about 28 seconds, but I didn’t think I would be able to keep up with my old man.  He’s too speedy for me. :)  I averaged 8:24/mile and I think that was because a good stretch of it was downhill.  I don’t typically run at that pace (I think mile 3 was around a 7:20 mile.)  This was my last long run before the monster dash next Saturday and I was supposed to “take it easy.”

Capture3Capture5

Don’t worry, sportpix will get their money.  I just haven’t received my photos yet, so I borrowed their proofs for the blog.

Capture175046_10151099037428341_379555068_o

Like I said, Lauren was so proud of her medal that she wore it again today.  It was quite adorable.  We celebrated a good race with a trip to Old Country buffet (LMAO!) Kevin said that’s going to be his motto to run races “5k to the  buffet.” 

1 comment:

  1. I am very proud of all 3 of you,and very thankful you got your dad running. Lauren is very proud of her medal and she should be,she done so good to.You 3 rock!!!
    Love
    Mom

    ReplyDelete