Friday, June 10, 2011

I love you

IMG_7891

Today, Lauren decided to draw some pictures after practicing her name a couple of times (something we try to do in the morning after breakfast everyday.)  Somewhere in there she tired of drawing a picture and decided to write a sentence.  While she was doing this I was cleaning up the breakfast mess and changing diapers (glamorous, I know.)  Then, all of a sudden she says, “Mommy I made this for you.  It says I love you.”  I was pretty surprised when I walked over there and saw what she had written, all on her own. 

It’s hard to decipher but she showed it to me and spelled it all out.  “There’s the I and the L and the v (which I think she meant to write a separate e and v for) and the u, I love you.”  I was sooooooo amazed that she did this.  Then, (and I wasn’t thinking clearly or I never would have defiled the paper she wrote her first I love you to me on) after making a big huge deal about how amazed and proud of her I was, we spelled “love you” properly above it so she could see the couple of ‘quiet letters’ she missed and trace them.  Overall, I was blown away by her thought process on this and my cold black heart grew 3 sizes today.

1 comment:

  1. How precious for her to write a note to you.....a keep sake... Hope you feel better Misty, that is a nasty bug going around, I had it a month, just got over it...Hugs to the kids..
    Georgie

    ReplyDelete