Sunday, April 22, 2012

Elton John

IMG_3383IMG_3395

I was unbelievably excited when I found out awhile back that SIR Elton John would be coming to little old Mankato (seriously!?!?)  I was all set to buy tickets for my mama and I to go and rock out with him.  It was a Monday when they went on sale (which are blessed days in our house since both Jack and Lauren are at school giving me a couple of hours of free time in the morning.)  Instead of waiting by my computer with my fingers twitching I totally forgot about the sale starting and went to the gym.  I was working my butt off when I looked at facebook and saw everyone commenting on their fantastic Elton John seats (or their lack thereof as they sold out like “that”.)  I was so pissed at myself but came to grips with it later.  Last Friday one of my friends posted on facebook that she had an extra seat available if anyone wanted it (for cost, sweet!)  I chimed in that I wanted it (not even knowing where the seat was located, I just wanted to go!)  I tried to convince a friend (that had two tickets) to sell me his and he could take mine (so both my mom and I could go) however, that was no dice.  Anyhow, I showed up and when I saw my seat I about died.  I was 4 rows back and right beside the stage.  My friend that bought them told me she thought they were a huge risk but would either be fantastic or epic crap.  We lucked out and got a face to face look at Elton the entire night.  I think our seats were just as good and better than most of them that paid $150+.

IMG_3425

I used my digital zoom to get the close up shots so the pics are quite noisy, but I feel like I’m right there.

IMG_3435

IMG_3447IMG_3472

The one on the right was right as he dropped an f-bomb on the crowd (there were some technical problems and I wonder if the guy in charge got to keep his job.)

IMG_3480IMG_3483

I was totally envious of the people in the floor seats though because at the end a bunch of them rushed the stage and he signed stuff for around 5 minutes. I also have a bunch of illegal video files, but didn’t want to bore you with them. :)  He started playing at about 8:05 and didn’t stop until around 11pm.  It was just him and the piano and it was definitely my favorite concert to date (not that I’ve been to a million of them.)

No comments:

Post a Comment