Friday, April 22, 2011

A visit from The grandparents Thompson

IMG_4515IMG_4517

The grandparents Thompson arrived today, and not a moment too soon.  Kevin has been gone for a few days for an ITS conference and Jack is desperately trying to crawl down the stairs Evel Knievel style.  The new gate arrived by UPS 10 minutes after Kevin left for the conference, and while I feel confident in my skills, I didn’t think I would be able to switch out the bits on the drill.  John was happy to oblige and had the gate installed lickety-split.  We’re very pleased with our new retract-a-gate.  I love that I don’t have anything to step over when coming up the stairs (part of why the previous gate ended up in the trash.)  However, my favorite feature is that it’s retractable, therefore not a permanent eyesore at the top of my stairs.  My friend Kari has these gates and I loved them from the get-go.  Thanks so much for the rec!! I should have taken a photo with the gate across the steps so you can see how nice it is.  I guess you’ll have to settle for seeing it in the background of some upcoming pics until I remember to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment